Home Run Baseball Camp Registration for Coach in Training Program (CIT)
- We welcome motivated 13 and 14 young men and women who want to be a part of our coaching staff. We take our CIT program seriously and generally hire from within that pool when coaching jobs come open.
Our CIT’s are treated as members of our staff and we don’t tolerate any mistreatment or disrespect of young coaches. The majority of our coaches are alums off the CIT program. We do our best to get the most out of the young coaches and value them on staff. The key is not taking more than you need so each coach gets the attention they require to grow.
The deal is simple- Show up on time with a Positive Mental Attitude and make the young players feel important. Offer them technical advice and work with them to solve any issues they may be having playing country hardball!
CITs get the same staff uniform as our senior coaches and will be given clear expectations and the support of experienced coaches to give them time to learn on the job. CITs eat lunch with our staff.
The day is 7:30am Mondays and 8:00am Tuesday to Friday. Most CITs stay all day and are done at 3:00pm. However, it’s ok with us to have CITs leave at 11:45am if they prefer.
CITs will learn to:
Work with young players in a positive and full hustle environment.
- Teach basic baseball skills.
- Learn to hit fungoes and throw batting practice.
- Prepare the field and infield dirt for game play.
- Help parents in any way we can.
- Make sure players are working as good teammates and that teams are competing with respect and fair play.
We will mail you the staff gear and CITs will be given a few extra pieces of gear once they start.
AU Park (4500 Van Ness St, NW, Washington, DC 20016)
Days and Times
- Monday: 7:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
June 27 – July 1
July 5-8 (no camp on July 4th)
August 29 – Sept 2
Since there is a limit to the number of CITs each week, some weeks will sell out. (If a week is sold out, then it will be noted above beside the week’s date as being sold out)
- $150 for the week
Provide your contact information, people authorized to pickup your child, your child’s information, and the sessions your child will be attending. Note that fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required fields and MUST be filled out.
If you have questions about any of our camp locations or want more information please contact Jasmine McCarthy at email@example.com. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – we are more than happy to help!