Weekly Camps: June 7th to Labor Day
8:30am to 2:30pm Monday to Friday
Now in our 28th year in AU Park, this camp is our flagship and original camp. Both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged, encouraged and instructed. Players can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. Our staff, comprised mostly of camp alums, make sure every player age 4 to 12 gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day. Coach McCarthy will be the Director at AU Park and the day to day operations to ensure the safest, highest quality program possible.
We want every player working on volume repetition- which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel it’s the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 are in dedicated groups specializing in ball skills and age-appropriate drills
- Full pitching bullpens for any camper who wants to polish his or her technique and learn new skills.
- Five batting cages with both live and machine batting practice. Overseen by current college players, campers can spend as much time hitting as they like during camp.
Finally, we ask our campers to help each day with field grooming (we have hundreds of rakes, four drag mats and four hoses) and trash patrol. Friendship Recreation Center is the cleanest and best groomed park in the city.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-12
June 7th to September 3rd (12 weeks)
- Half Day: 8:30am to 11:30am (available only for 4 year olds)
- Full Day: 8:30am to 2:30pm
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each full week camper will get a T shirt.
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at each location.
- Home Run Baseball Camp does NOT provide any food for the campers. All campers are expected to bring their own lunch or snacks they will need throughout the day.
- All registrations are for the full 5 days of camp – there are no drop in or individual day registrations.
- There is no aftercare available this year.
- Single Child (Full-day): $475.00
- Single Child (Half-day): $237.50 (only available for 4 year olds)
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
HALF-DAY REGISTRATION (ONLY AVAILABLE FOR 4 YEAR OLDS):
The Half-day option is only available for 4 year olds. If you would like to register a 4 year old for half-day, hit the link below and you will be taken out of this registration page and into a separate registration page for the half-day. If you have other campers, you will still need to register them through this registration page. If you are registering more than one child for camp, the half-day registration for the four year old will receive the sibling discount.
Be sure to pay in order to complete your registration. Registration is NOT considered complete until PAYMENT HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
Provide your contact information, people authorized to pickup your child, your child’s information, and the sessions your child will be attending. Note that fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required fields and MUST be filled out.
If you have questions about one of our DC camp locations, please email Julia Hiemstra at email@example.com. If you have questions about our New York camp location, please email Jasmine McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to reach out – we are always happy to help!