8 Weekly Camps: June 22 to August 14, 2020
9am to 3pm Monday to Friday
with Aftercare available 3pm to 6pm
Due to the COVID-19 Restrictions, we are not going to be able to offer drop-in or daily registrations for the Summer Camp. Once restrictions are lifted, we will make drop-in and daily registrations available.
We begin our 12th year on Capitol Hill. Both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged, encouraged and instructed. Players can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. Our staff, comprised mostly of camp alums, make sure every player age 4 to 10 gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day.
As part of our safety procedures, we will have a retired Metropolitian Police Office on staff from 8am to 4pm everyday. They will work closely with the staff to oversee child safety procedures, both on the field, at lunch and on bathroom brakes, at all times.
We work closely with the Payne Elem School staff and have access to the cafetera and indoor space in case of severe heat or bad weather. All campers will be escorted by two coaches at all time to the restrooms at Payne or Watkins.
We want every player working on volume repetition- which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel it’s the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
Camp Contact Information:
If you need to make any registration changes or other general questions about Home Run Baseball Camp or would like to register on the phone, you should reach out to our customer service at 202-726-8311 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 are in dedicated groups specializing in ball skills, running, game play, and batting practice with age-appropriate equipment.
- Campers ages 6 and up will be in groups by ages and will use a mixture of real bats and baseballs and light weight bats and balls, depending on the drills being done.
- Older campers (ages 9-10) walk 2 blocks under the supervision of our Coaches to Watkins for drills, games and lunch. Under supervision of our Senior Coaches, walk back to Payne Elem School for dismissal at 3:00 pm. Drop off and Pick up are still at Payne Elem School for all campers.
- Aftercare is always held at Payne Elem School.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-10
June 22nd to August 14th (8 weeks)
- Half Day: 9:00am to 11:30am
- Full Day: 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each full week camper will get a T shirt.
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at each location.
- All campers are expected to bring any food they will need throughout the day.
- Single Child (Full-day): $400
- Single Child (Half-day): $200
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
We have worked hard to make our Aftercare program as dynamic, fun and organized as possible. This program will be overseen by dedicated and experienced staff leaders.
NEW: Aftercare is available for ages 6 to 10 only.
- 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Aftercare Cost: $150 per week for first child
- Sibling Discount: 50% off for second child
- Additional Sibling: FREE
Note: Sibling and Family discounts now apply to Aftercare