Weekly Camps: June 22 to September 4, 2020
9am to 3pm Monday to Friday
Due to the COVID-19 Restrictions, All Permits have been revoked and thus we are not able to do camp this year in Brooklyn.
ALL SUMMER CAMP SESSIONS IN BROOKLYN ARE CANCELED FOR 2020!
Now in our 12th year at the Parade Grounds in Prospect Park, both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged and encouraged. This is the top baseball camp in New York City. Our staff is led by Brian McCarthy (a NYPS full-time teacher at Millennium HS in Park Slope and is also Head Women’s basketball and softball coach. Brian holds a Masters Degree from Fordham and lives in Brooklyn with his wife Jasmine, who also works at Home Run Baseball Camp).
Brian McCarthy will be assisted by experienced full time teachers Daniel White, Brian Friedman and Andy Wells. Our staff is comprised of many camp alums and local high school players who have gone through our training program and are overseen directly by Assistant Director Daniel White.
Campers can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. We make sure every player gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day, gets long rounds of ground balls and learns to compete hard while giving full effort. Our top priority is safety and we have use of the church across the street in case of severe weather.
We want every player working on volume repetition—which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel this is the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
Camp Contact Information:
If you need to make any registration changes or other general questions about Home Run Baseball Camp or would like to register over the phone, you should reach out to our customer service at 202-726-8311 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 will be in a dedicated group specially designed for that age group.
- Campers move around on defense during the day.
- Full pitching bullpens all day for any camper who wants to polish his technique and learn new skills.
- The older group (ages 11-12) will be directed by Brian Friedman on their own diamond with a eye to prepare them for High School baseball.
- Early courtesy drop off begins at 8:00 am.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-12
June 22nd to September 4th (11 weeks)
- Half Day: 9:00am to 11:30am
- Full Day: 9:00an to 3:00 pm
Cost (per week):
- Single Child – Full-day: $450.00
- Single Child – Half-day: $225.00
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each full-week camper will get a T shirt.
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have a strong working relation with a local church across the street. Our Senior coaches will escort and will remain with the campers under their direct supervision. We will notify parents as soon as possible if severe weather happens.
- All campers are expected to bring any food they will need throughout the day.
There is no Aftercare available with this Camp.
There is no Bus Service available with this Camp.