Weekly Camps: June 8th to September 4th
8am to 3pm Monday to Friday
with Aftercare available from 3pm to 6pm
Due to the COVID-19 Restrictions, we are not going to be able to offer drop-in or daily registrations for the Summer Camp. Once restrictions are lifted, we will make drop-in and daily registrations available.
Now in our 26th year in AU Park, this camp is our flagship and original camp. Both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged, encouraged and instructed. Players can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. Our staff, comprised mostly of camp alums, make sure every player age 4 to 12 gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day. Coach McCarthy will be the Director at AU Park and the day to day operations to ensure the safest, highest quality program possible.
We want every player working on volume repetition- which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel it’s the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
Camp Contact Information:
If you need to make any registration changes or other general questions about Home Run Baseball Camp’s AU Park Summer Camp, you should reach out to our customer service at 202-726-8311 or by email at email@example.com.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 are in dedicated groups specializing in ball skills and age-appropriate drills.
- We have use of American University’s field directly adjacent to Friendship for the majority of the summer. Our 10, 11 and 12’s will use this space for a more advanced full day workout featuring three fields and two games a day.
- Full pitching bullpens for any camper who wants to polish his or her technique and learn new skills.
- Five batting cages with both live and machine batting practice. Overseen by current college players, campers can spend as much time hitting as they like during camp.
Finally, we ask our campers to help each day with field grooming (we have hundreds of rakes, four drag mats and four hoses) and trash patrol. Friendship Recreation Center is the cleanest and best groomed park in the city.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-12
June 8th to September 4th (13 weeks)
- Half Day: 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Full Day: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each full week camper will get a T shirt.
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at each location.
- Home Run Baseball Camp does NOT provide any food for the campers. All campers are expected to bring their own lunch or snacks they will need throughout the day.
We have worked hard to make our Aftercare program as dynamic, fun and organized as possible. This program will be overseen by dedicated and experienced staff leaders.
NEW: Aftercare is available for ages 6 to 12 only.
- 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Cost: $150 for the week for first child
- Sibling Discount: 50% off for second child
- Additional Sibling: FREE
Note: Sibling and Family discounts now apply to Aftercare
- Single Child (Full-day): $400.00
- Single Child (Half-day): $200.00
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
- There is no Daily Option for the Summer Camp this year due to the COVID-19 virus restrictions.
Be sure to pay in order to complete your registration. Registration is NOT considered complete until PAYMENT HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
Provide your contact information, people authorized to pickup your child, your child’s information, and the sessions your child will be attending. Note that fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required fields and MUST be filled out.
If you have questions about any of our camp locations or want more information please contact Jasmine McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – we are more than happy to help!