Daily Registration for AU Park
Now in our 27th year in AU Park, this camp is our flagship and original camp. Both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged, encouraged and instructed. Players can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. Our staff, comprised mostly of camp alums, make sure every player age 4 to 12 gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day. Our Site Director, Dan Thorner is now in his 21st year and works closely with Coach McCarthy day to day to ensure the safest, highest quality program possible.
We want every player working on volume repetition- which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel it’s the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 are in dedicated groups specializing in ball skills and age-appropriate drills.
- We have use of American University’s field directly adjacent to Friendship for the majority of the summer. Our 10, 11 and 12’s will use this space for a more advanced full day workout featuring three fields and two games a day.
- Full pitching bullpens for any camper who wants to polish his or her technique and learn new skills.
- Two batting cages with both live and machine batting practice. Overseen by current college players, campers can spend as much time hitting as they like during camp.
Finally, we ask our campers to help each day with field grooming (we have hundreds of rakes, four drag mats and four hoses) and trash patrol. Friendship Recreation Center is the cleanest and best groomed park in the city.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-12
June 10th to August 30th (12 weeks)
- Half Day: 9:00am to 11:30am
- Full Day: 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each full week camper will get a T shirt.
- July 4th Holiday: Camp will be open on July 4th.
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at each location.
- Home Run Baseball Camp does NOT provide any food to the campers. All campers are expected to bring any food they will need throughout the day.
We have worked hard to make our Aftercare program as dynamic, fun and organized as possible. This program will be overseen by dedicated and experienced staff leaders.
- 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Cost: $30/per day (includes siblings)
- Costs for Daily Drop-in: Full-day $100/Half-day $50
- Aftercare: $30 per day per day
Please click on the week that you want to register for daily drop in: