Now in our 9th year at the Parade Grounds in Prospect Park, both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged and encouraged. This is the top baseball camp in New York City. Our staff is led by Brian McCarthy (NYPS teacher at Millennium HS, Head Women’s basketball and softball coach. Brian holds a Masters Degree from Fordham) and Dan White (HRBC alum, fourth grade teacher at The Hewitt School) .
Brian McCarthy will be assisted by experienced full time teachers Brian Friedman (NYPS teacher and Athletic Director at Millennium HS and head baseball coach.) and Andy Wells (Vice Principal PS 180 SeeAll Academy, played five years with the NY Mets and Philadelphia Phillies organizations). Our staff is comprised of many camp alums and local high school players who have gone through our training program and are overseen directly by Assistant Director Daniel White.
Campers can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. We make sure every player gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day, gets long rounds of ground balls and learns to compete hard while giving full effort. Our top priority is safety and we have use of the church across the street in case of severe weather.
We want every player working on volume repetition—which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel this is the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 will be in a dedicated group specially designed for that age group.
- Campers move around on defense during the day.
- Full pitching bullpens all day for any camper who wants to polish his technique and learn new skills.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-12
June 24th to August 30th (10 weeks)
- Week 1: June 24th to June 28th
- Week 2: July 1st to July 5th
- Week 3: July 8th to July 12th
- Week 4: July 15th to July 19th
- Week 5: July 22nd to July 26th
- Week 6: July 29th to August 2nd
- Week 7: August 5th to August 9th
- Week 8: August 12th to August 16th
- Week 9: August 19th to August 23
- Week 10: August 26th to August 30th
- Half Day: 9:00am to 11:30am
- Full Day: 9:00an to 3:00 pm
Cost (per week):
- Single Child – Full-day: $400.00
- Single Child – Half-day: $225.00
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
- Daily Drop-in: Full-day $100/Half-day $50
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each full-week camper will get a T shirt.
- July 4th Holiday: camp will be open on July 4th
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at each location.
- Home Run Baseball Camp does NOT provide any food to the campers. All campers are expected to bring any food they will need throughout the day.
There is no Aftercare available with this Camp.
There is no Bus Service available for Daily Option.
Please select the week you want to do Daily option for:Week 1: June 24-28, 2019 Week 2: July 1-5, 2019 Week 3: July 8-12, 2019 Week 4: July 15-19, 2019 Week 5: July 22-26, 2019 Week 6: July 29-Aug 2, 2019 Week 7: August 5-9, 2019 Week 8: August 12-16, 2019 Week 9: August 19-23, 2019 Week 10: August 26-30, 2019