Applications for Summer 2017 now being accepted
Summer Camp Counselor Registration Process
Home Run Baseball Camp is hiring for four locations for the Summer of 2017:
- Friendship Recreatio Center (4500 Van Ness St. NW, Washington, DC)
- Capitol Hill (Payne Elem School)
- Chevy Chase Recreation Center (41st St NW and Livingston Rd NW, Washington, DC)
- The Parade Grounds (Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY)
You must be at least 15 year of age to work as a summer counselor at Home Run Baseball Camp. (If you are 13 or 14, you can register for the CIT program below).
The application process will be open until March 31st. Beginning April 1st, candidates that we are interested in will be call for an interview and all staff will be hired before May 1st. Once you are hired, you will be required to attend one or more training sessions before the Summer Season starts.
Counselor in Training (CIT) Program:
Home Run Baseball Camp’s Counselor in Training Program exists so that 13 and 14 year olds have the opportunity to stay involved with the Home Run Family as well as experience on-the-job training. The CITs will meet before and after each camp day to discuss their duties and progress. The CITs will be well versed in the following areas…
- Field Preparation and Maintenance
- Trash Patrol and Park Cleanup
- Baseball Coaching Techniques and Drills
- How to Throw Batting Practice
- Shed Cleanup and Maintenance
- General Baseball Knowledge and Trivia
- Proper Camper-Coach Relationships and Safety Protocol
All proceeds from the CIT Registrations will be donated to the Grey Sisters of the Immaculate Conception who have worked tirelessly in the community of Consuelo, Dominican Republic for the last 50 years. If you are interested in working as a CIT, please register using the summer camp registrations on our summer camp pages. There is a drop-down option for CIT.
The CIT Program fee is $200 per week. Each CIT will receive a pair of turf shoes, two shirts and a pair of shorts.
CIT’s are expected to properly wear their uniform each day and have their shoes properly shined.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.