Home Run Baseball Camp Registration for Coach-in-training Program (CIT) in Brooklyn, NY
Our Coach-in-training program is for self-motivated 13 – 14-year-olds, young men and women. Our CITs are treated as members of the coaching staff and participate in all aspects of the camp day. We are looking for young people who are outgoing, enjoy being outside, like working hard as a team, and have an interest in teaching and working with ballplayers. We are looking for young people who have good social skills, give respect to others, and have internal motivation.
We only take a handful of CITs each week and they will get direct training, encouragement and supervision from all of our coaches and our retired law enforcement officer. We encourage and train CITs to show up each day on time, looking sharp and with a positive mental attitude. Our top coaches offer them some motivation and technical suggestions as the day goes by. CITs get the same HRBC gear as senior coaches and Coach Mac does not tolerate any CIT being treated any differently than our longtime coaches. Coach Mac often asks the CITs which older coaches have been the most welcoming and technically helpful to them.
Home Run Basebsll Camp places the safety and welfare of CITs as a top priority. They will not be asked to perform any job that is not safe or beyond their skill set. They will be under direct supervision of our Senior Coaches the entire time.
- CITs will often take ground balls with the players to serve as technical examples. A CIT does not have to have an athletic background but must be willing to learn the basics of baseball.
We teach our CITs to
- Learn and remermber people’s names.
- Look people in the eye and shake hands.
- Look sharp every day in a clean staff outfit.
- Communicate for yourself directly with your supervisor on changes to your schedule.
- Stand up straight for the National Anthem.
- Understand the rights of those who don’t stand for the anthem.
- Work every day on trash patrol to keep the park clean
- Learn how to MTFI people (Make Them Feel Important)
- Be encouraging to others.
We will provide staff uniforms for all our CITs. We look to hire from within the CIT graduates. However, we do not have paid jobs at 16 for all our CIT alumni. In some cases, CITs are simply too quiet and shy or not mature enough for the responsibility. The majority of Coach Mac’s staff for 30 years have been CIT alumni.
Jose, Innes, Julia and Saul – Mica Gelb – former CIT and now All former coaches-in-training. offensive lineman for Univerisity of Michigan
13 – 14-year-olds
- June 26-30, 2023
- July 3-7, 2023
- July 10-14, 2023
- July 17-21, 2023
- July 24-28, 2023
- July 31-August 4, 2023
- August 7-11, 2023
- August 14-18, 2023
- August 21-25, 2023
- August 28-September 1, 2023
$150.00 per week (Sibling discount and family discount is not available with Coach in Training)
Provide your contact information, people authorized to pick up your child, your child’s information, and the sessions your child will be attending. Note that fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required fields and MUST be filled out.
If you have questions about any of our camp locations or want more information, please contact Coach Mac at email@example.com or 202-230-2206. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – we are more than happy to help!