7 Weekly Camps: June 28th to August 13th
8:30am to 2:30pm Monday to Friday
We begin our 14th year on Capitol Hill. Both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged, encouraged and instructed. Players can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. Our staff, comprised mostly of camp alums, make sure every player age 4 to 10 gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day.
As part of our safety procedures, we will have a retired Metropolitian Police Office on staff from 8am to 3pm everyday. They will work closely with the staff to oversee child safety procedures, both on the field, at lunch and on bathroom brakes, at all times.
We want every player working on volume repetition- which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel it’s the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 are in dedicated groups specializing in ball skills, running, game play, and batting practice with age-appropriate equipment.
- Campers ages 6 and up will be in groups by ages and will use a mixture of real bats and baseballs and light weight bats and balls, depending on the drills being done.
- Older campers (ages 9-10) walk 2 blocks under the supervision of our Coaches to Watkins for drills, games and lunch. Under supervision of our Senior Coaches, walk back to Payne Elem School for dismissal at 2:30 pm. Drop off and Pick up are still at Payne Elem School for all campers.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-10
June 28th to August 13th (7 weeks)
- Half Day: 8:30am to 11:00am (Half-day only available for 4 year olds)
- Full Day: 8:30am to 2:30pm
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each full week camper will get a T shirt.
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at each location.
- Home Run Baseball Camp does NOT provide any food for the campers. All campers are expected to bring their own lunch or snacks they will need throughout the day.
- All registrations are for the full 5 days of camp – there are no drop in or individual day registrations.
- There is no aftercare available this year.
- Single Child (Full-day): $475.00
- Single Child (Half-day): $237.50 (Half-day only available for 4 year olds)
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
HALF-DAY REGISTRATION (ONLY AVAILABLE FOR 4 YEAR OLDS):
The Half-day option is only available for 4 year olds. If you would like to register a 4 year old for half-day, hit the link below and you will be taken out of this registration page and into a separate registration page for the half-day. If you have other campers, you will still need to register them through this registration page. If you are registering more than one child for camp, the half-day registration for the four year old will receive the sibling discount.
Provide your contact information, people authorized to pickup your child, your child’s information, and the sessions your child will be attending. Note that fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required fields and MUST be filled out.