YES – WE HAVE FULL BUS SERVICE TO AND FROM CAMP FOR BROOKLYN. See below for full details and bus stop locations.
Now in our 8th year at the Parade Grounds in Prospect Park, both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged and encouraged. This is the top baseball camp in New York City. Our staff is led by Brian McCarthy (NYPS teacher at Millennium HS, Head Women’s basketball and softball coach. Brian holds a Masters Degree from Fordham).
Brian McCarthy will be assisted by experienced full time teachers Brian Friedman (NYPS teacher and Athletic Director at Millennium HS and head baseball coach.) Daniel White (HRBC alum, fourth grade teacher at The Hewitt School) Andy Wells (Vice Principal PS 180 SeeAll Academy, played five years with the NY Mets and Philadelphia Phillies organizations) and Kevin Salguero (Baseball coach at The Dalton School). Our staff is comprised of many camp alums and local high school players who have gone through our training program and are overseen directly by Assistant Director Daniel White.
Campers can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. We make sure every player gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day, gets long rounds of ground balls and learns to compete hard while giving full effort. Our top priority is safety and we have use of the church across the street in case of severe weather.
We want every player working on volume repetition—which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel this is the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 will be in a dedicated group specially designed for that age group.
- Campers move around on defense during the day.
- Full pitching bullpens all day for any camper who wants to polish his technique and learn new skills.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-12
June 18th to August 3rd (11 weeks)
- Week 1: June 18th to June 22nd
- Week 2: June 25th to June 29th
- Week 3: July 2nd to July 6th
- Week 4: July 9th to July 13th
- Week 5: July 16th to July 20th
- Week 6: July 23rd to July 27th
- Week 7: July 30th to August 3rd
- Week 8: August 6th to August 10th
- Week 9: August 13th to August 17th
- Week 10: August 20th to August 24th
- Week 11: August 27th to August 31st
- Half Day: 9:00am to 11:30am
- Full Day: 9:00an to 3:00 pm
Cost (per week):
- Single Child – Full-day: $400.00
- Single Child – Half-day: $225.00
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
- Daily Drop-in: Full-day $85/Half-day $45
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each full-week camper will get a T shirt.
- July 4th Holiday: camp will be open on July 4th
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at each location.
There is no Aftercare available with this Camp.
We put a lot of time and effort to ensure safety, quality, reliability and a child safety environment on each bus. We have trained, mature coaches supervising the players at all times until the are signed out to a parent or designated adult. We will not tolerate bullying, poor language or players who cannot regulate their own behavior. We have not had these issues so far and do not expect to. Our Operations Director and Coach McCarthy are on call until every player is picked up.
Here is how it works: An experienced staff member will be on each bus to check players in by a parent or designated adult. The bus will make each stop and parents will check their child onto the bus with the staff member on the bus. We expect parents to be at the stops five minutes early.
For drop off, a staff member will get off at each stop and sign players out to their parents or a designated adult. Our Director of Operations Tim Goins and Director John McCarthy are on call at 202 726 8311 from 7:15am to 6:00pm to handle any questions regarding busing every weekday in the summer.
- Costs: $100 per seat per week.
- There is no sibling discount or family discount available for the bus service.
- There is no daily option for the bus service.
Brooklyn Heights Bus:
- Stop 1: First Unitarian Congregational Society (corner of Monroe Place and Pierrepont St., Brooklyn Heights) – 8:00am pick-up / 4:00pm drop-off
- Stop 2: Cobble Hill Starbucks (corner of Smith and Wykoff) – 8:15am pick-up / 3:45pm drop-off
- Stop 3: P.S. 321 (corner of 7th and 2nd) – 8:30am pick-up / 3:30pm drop-off
- Stop 4: Prospect Park West and 9th – 8:40am pick-up / 3:20pm drop-off
On the registration page there will be an option to sign up for the bus with a drop down box for you to choose which stop you will be picked up and dropped off at for each week.
DO NOT USE THE DAILY OPTION IF YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR THE FULL WEEK
(registration for the whole week is at bottom of this page)
You can register for individual days if you are not able to attend the whole week. If you are planning on coming for the whole week, DO NOT use this option, but simply continue to scroll down to the registration form at the bottom of this page. (note: clicking on one of these weeks for Daily Drop in will take you out of this page and into another form for doing daily drop-in.)
- Cost for Daily Drop-in: Full-day $100/Half-day $50
- Bus Service is not available for the Daily Option. Bus service is only for full week campers.
Daily Drop-in Registration:
- Please click on the week that you want to register for daily drop in: (note, clicking on one of these weeks for Daily Drop in will take you out of this page and into another form for doing daily drop-in. If you are planning on coming for the whole week, DO NOT use this option, but simply continue to scroll down to the registration form at the bottom of this page.)
Be sure to pay in order to complete your registration. Registration is NOT considered complete until PAYMENT HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
Disclaimer: This activity is not sponsored or endorsed by the New York City Department of Education or the City of New York.