2017 Summer Camp – DC: Capitol Hill
Over a decade on Capitol Hill, both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged, encouraged and instructed. Campers can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day. Our focus will be on deep rounds of volume repetition with an eye on technical proficiency. We have a coaching staff made up of many camp alums who create safe, encouraging environment where every player is treated with respect, kindness and fairness.
We want every player working on volume repetition- which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel this is the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 will be in a dedicated group specially designed for that age group.
- We will use Payne Elementary bathrooms and indoor space in case of rain or severe heat. All campers will be escorted by camp staff within the building at all times.
- Campers move around on defense during the day.
- Full pitching bullpens all day for any camper who wants to polish his technique and learn new skills.
- Batting cages with both live and machine batting practice. Overseen by college players, campers can spend as much time hitting as they like during camp.
- Oldest campers will play their games at Watkins Elementary School and Rec Center – they will walk over with and be led the entire team by Director John Seymour.
Boys and Girls Ages 4-12
June 19th to August 11th (8 weeks)
- Week 1: June 19th to June 23rd
- Week 2: June 26th to June 30th
- Week 3: July 3rd to July 7th (Note: morning only on July 4)
- Week 4: July 10th to July 14th
- Week 5: July 17th to July 21st
- Week 6: July 24th to July 28th
- Week 7: July 31st to August 4th
- Week 8: August 7th to August 11th
- Half Day: 9 to 11:30
- Full Day: 9:00 to 3:00
COSTS (per week):
- Single Child – Full-day: $325.00
- Single Child – Half-day: $175.00
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
- Aftercare Option: (3:00 pm to 6:00 pm) $150.00
- Daily Drop-in: Not Available
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each camper will get a T shirt.
- July 4th Holiday: camp will be open on July 4th, morning only.
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at each location.
We have worked hard to make our Aftercare program as dynamic, fun and organized as possible. This program will be overseen by dedicated and experienced staff leaders.
- 3pm to 6pm $150 for the week includes siblings (Daily rate is $30 per day and can be paid at camp.)
- Aftercare will be at Payne Elementary School from 3:00pm to 6:00pm daily.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTES:
- Be sure to pay in order to complete your registration. Registration is NOT considered complete until PAYMENT HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
Payne Elementary School
1445 C St, SE
Washington, DC 20003
- Ages: Boys and Girls - ages 4-12
- Dates: Weekly camps beginning June 19th
- Times: Full-day 9:00 am to 3:00 pm /Half-day 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Aftercare option: 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Single Camper - Full-day: $325.00 per week
- Single Camper - Half-day: $175.00 per week
- Sibling Discount: Second child (sibling) is 50% off
- Family Discount: Additional siblings are FREE
- Aftercare option: $150.00 per week
- Daily drop-in: Not available for this camp