2017 Summer Camp – Brooklyn
Weekly Camps: June 19th to Labor Day: 9am to 3pm Monday-Friday
Bus Service is available
YES – WE HAVE FULL BUS SERVICE TO AND FROM CAMP FOR BROOKLYN. See below for full details and bus stop locations.
Now in our 7th year at the Parade Grounds in Prospect Park, both beginners and experienced ball players are welcome and will be challenged and encouraged. This is the top baseball camp in New York City. Our staff is led by Brian Freidman, the Athletic Director and Head Baseball Coach at Millennium HS. He will be assisted by experienced full time teachers Brian McCarthy, Daniel White, Andy Wells and Samantha Freidman Campers can expect a safe, fun and instructive environment featuring two games a day.
Our staff is comprised of many camp alums and local high school players who have gone through our training program and are oversson directly by Assistant Director Daniel White. We make sure every player gets at least 100 swings in batting practice per day, gets long rounds of ground balls and leanrs to compete hard while giving full effort. Our top priority is safety and we have use of the church across the street in case of severe weather.
We want every player working on volume repetition—which simply means teach the skill then get round after round of ground balls, fly balls or batting practice. In a typical day, campers can expect a minimum of 75 to 100 ground balls and fly balls. Most camps over teach and under volume. Our approach takes more coaches and equipment, but we feel this is the best way.
We feature two games per day and we group by age not ability. This develops peer leaders and allows for baseball and social growth with teammates the same age.
- Campers aged 4 and 5 will be in a dedicated group with a veteran leader.
- Campers will be escorted and supervised at all times, all day. They will use the restroom in pairs or groups under staff supervision without exception.
- Campers move around on defense during the day.
- Full pitching bullpens all day for any camper who wants to polish his technique and learn new skills. We also have a full morning catching station with full catchers gear for each player.
- Batting station with both live and machine batting practice. Overseen by college players, campers can spend as much time hitting as they like during camp.
- Courtesy, early drop-off starting at 8:05 AM
ABOUT BRIAN FRIEDMAN, SITE DIRECTOR:
Our Site Director in Brooklyn is Coach Brian Friedman, who is a Brooklyn native and the current Head Baseball Coach and Athletic Director for Millennium High School. Click here to see Brian’s full bio.
June 19th to September 1st (11 weeks)
- Week 1: June 19th to June 23rd
- Week 2: June 26th to June 30th
- Week 3: July 3rd to July 7th (Note: We WILL have camp on July 4th)
- Week 4: July 10th to July 14th
- Week 5: July 17th to July 21st
- Week 6: July 24th to July 28th
- Week 7: July 31st to August 4th
- Week 8: August 7th to August 11th
- Week 9: August 14th to August 18th
- Week 10: August 21st to August 25th
- Week 11: August 28th to September 1st
- Half Day: 9:00am to 11:30am
- Full Day: 9:00am to 3:00pm
COSTS (per week):
- Single Child – Full-day: $380.00
- Single Child – Half-day: $200.00
- Sibling Discount: 50% off
- Additional Sibling: FREE
- Aftercare Option: (3:00 pm to 6:00 pm) $150.00
- Daily Drop-in: Full-day $95/Half-day $50
There is no Aftercare available for this camp this year.
- Camper Clothing: Campers should wear cleats or sneakers and are encouraged to wear baseball pants. Each camper will get a T shirt.
- July 4th Holiday: We will have camp on July 4th.
- Rain Policy: We hold camp in the event of rain. We have shelter at the church across the street and campers will be supervised at all times. We are extremely cautious in regards to lightning and severe heat and will seek shelter prudently.
$80 per seat
We put a lot of time and effort to ensure safety, quality, reliability and a child safety environment on each bus. We have trained, mature coaches supervising the players at all times until the are signed out to a parent or designated adult. We will not tolerate bullying, poor language or players who cannot regulate their own behavior. We have not had these issues so far and do not expect to. Our Operations Director and Coach McCarthy are on call until every player is picked up.
Here is how it works: An experienced staff member will be on each bus to check players in by a parent or designated adult. The bus will make each stop and parents will check their child onto the bus with the staff member on the bus. We expect parents to be at the stops five minutes early.
For drop off, a staff member will get off at each stop and sign players out to their parents or a designated adult. Our Director of Operations Tim Goins and Director John McCarthy are on call at 202 726 8311 from 7:15am to 6:00pm to handle any questions regarding busing every weekday in the summer.
Brooklyn Heights Bus:
- Stop 1: First Unitarian Congregational Society (corner of Monroe Place and Pierrepont St., Brooklyn Heights) – 8:00am pick-up / 4:00pm drop-off
- Stop 2: Cobble Hill Starbucks (corner of Smith and Wykoff) – 8:15am pick-up / 3:45pm drop-off
- Stop 3: P.S. 321 (corner of 7th and 2nd) – 8:30am pick-up / 3:30pm drop-off
- Stop 4: Prospect Park West and 9th – 8:40am pick-up / 3:20pm drop-off
Bus option registration (Click here for bus option to and from Brooklyn Camp) Note, this will take you out of this Brooklyn Summer camp page and you will have to return here to register for camp. This link is only for the Bus Option registration.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTES:
- Be sure to pay in order to complete your registration. Registration is NOT considered complete until PAYMENT HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
Disclaimer: This activity is not sponsored or endorsed by the New York City Department of Education or the City of New York.
Parade Grounds in Prospect Park
Caton Ave and Stratford Rd
Brooklyn, NY 11218
- Ages: Boys and girls - ages 4-12
- Dates: Weekly camp beginning on June 19th
- Times: Full-day 9:00 am to 3:00 pm /Half-day 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Single Camper: Full-day: $380.00 per week
- Single Camper: Half-day: $200.00 per week
- Sibling Discount: Second child (sibling) is 50% off
- Family Discount: Additional siblings are FREE
- Daily drop-in: Full-day $95/Half-day $50