Our Senior staff will lead an encouraging, high-energy class featuring volume repetition with an eye on technical proficiency. Campers can expect batting practice, ground balls, throwing, catching, and pitching, as well as agility and hand-eye coordination drills.
Camp is for players ages 4 to 12. The camp will be broken up into three groups (ages 4-5, ages 6-8 and ages 9-12). Players 9-12 should bring their own bat with their name or initials on it. We will be working on more pitching, batting and defensive hand eye and footwork drills this year.
Coach McCarthy will be making the trip up from Washington regularly to coach as well. We have use of the second and fourth floor gyms. Players will be supervised at all times and parents must sign their children in and out.
The focus of this class will be on skills development and will include some game play. Each camper will receive a t-shirt and we guarantee your satisfaction. All classes will be held at the John Jay High School Complex. Your registration will not be complete and your space will not be reserved until payment is processed. We are looking forward to another great winter camp season!
- Boys and Girls ages 4-12
- Saturdays from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- 8 Saturdays – January 20, 27, February 3, 10, 24, March 3, 10, 17
- There is no class on Saturday, Febuary 17.
UPDATE: The school is doing construction in the gyms the weekend of January 20th and 27th, so there will be no camps those two weeks, The make up dates for these dates will be announced soon.
- Saturdays from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm
- 8 Sundays – January 21, 28, February 4, 11, 25, March 4, 11, 18
- There is no class on Saturday, Febuary 18.
UPDATE: The school is doing construction in the gyms the weekend of January 21st and 28th, so there will be no camps those two weeks, The make up dates for these dates will be announced soon.
- Single Child: $425.00 per session
- Second Child (Sibling): $212.50 per session
- Additional Children (Siblings): FREE!
- Single Week Drop-in: $60 per class/Second Child (sibling) $30 per class
We are limiting the number of ballplayers in each session. There will be pre-registration for weekly drop-ins, as long as the class is not full. There will be no walk-in registrations, you must pre-register, even if doing a single weekly drop in.
Single Week Drop-in:
- All Drop-in must be done through pre-registration – YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER FOR THE DROP-IN BY 5:00 PM ON FRIDAY OF THE WEEKEND YOU WANT TO ATTEND CLASS.
- All Drop-in registrations must be done by 5:00 pm on Friday before the class. For example, if you wanted to do drop in on Saturday, January 20th, then you must have pre-registered by 5:00 pm on Friday, January 19th.
- There is a limit to the number of campers allowed in each class, so once a class fills up, then there will be no drop-in registrations allowed for that class and there will be no option to register for that class on the registration form.
- Single Week Drop-in: $60 per class/Second Child (sibling) $30 per class.
- To register for a Weekly Drop-in class, please click the Session that has the class you want to attend:
(Note, clicking on a Weekly Drop-in session will take you out of this page and directly into a registration page for the Session you select.)
This activity is not sponsored or endorsed by the New York City Department of Education or the City of New York.
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Saturday, January 20, 2018 (Cancelled due to construction at school)
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 (Cancelled due to construction at school)
- Saturday, February 3, 2018
- Saturday, February 10, 2018
- Saturday, February 24, 2018
- Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Saturday, March 10, 2018
- Saturday, March 17, 2018
Note: No classes the following date - February 17, 2018
If needed, there will be a make-up class on Saturday, March 24th, for any class cancelled due to severe weather
12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Sunday, January 21, 2018 (Cancelled due to construction at school)
- Sunday, January 28, 2018 (Cancelled due to construction at school)
- Sunday, February 4, 2018
- Sunday, February 11, 2018
- Sunday, February 25, 2018
- Sunday, March 4, 2018
- Sunday, March 11, 2018
- Sunday, March 18, 2018
Note: No classes the following date - Sunday, February 18th
If needed, there will be a make-up class on Saturday, March 25th, for any class cancelled due to severe weather